House of Persia was established by the Australian Iranian Society of Victoria (AISOV ) and was registered as House of Persia Community and Cultural Centre (HOPE) in 2006 as an incorporated association not for profit, no political and not religious organization .
HOPE is a place for all people to meet and share their common interests and creative ideas. We offer the wider Victorian community the opportunity to discover about Persian culture, traditional and contemporary arts, language, literature and history through interactive events and exhibitions designed for all and those in search of both variety and uniqueness. The centre operates as a secular, apolitical and not for profit organisation and is a gift from the Australian Iranian community to future generations of all Victorians and beyond.
To enhance understanding of Persian culture within the wider Australian community and to provide a forum for the Australian Iranian community to celebrate and share their heritage with all Australians through the promotion of cultural events, making provisions for welfare and social programs, and assist the new migrants to integrate effectively within the Australian society.
- To promote cultural, social, and environmental harmony within Australian community by fostering understanding between Australian Iranian community and broader Australian society in regards to cultural awareness, social fabric and civil life in Australia.
- To support those in need, women, seniors and children within the Australian Iranian and wider community by offer programs that will enhance their safety and enrich their quality of life, wellbeing and sense of belonging.
- To showcase the community centre and its offerings as examples for social and environmental sustainability.
- Facilitate the new migrants integration, participation, community connectivity, economic well-being, self reliance, and becoming productive citizens.
- Make available the centre’s facilities and programs to all members and the broader community who support the aims and objectives of the Association.